Three Ways to Help Save Texas Schools
Now that the March 12 rally is over, you may be wondering what’s next? How can I continue helping the movement?
Below are three important ways you can help keep the Save Texas Schools movement going:
1) Write and/or call your state representative and senator
How: Go to our Contact Your Representatives page. Letters and instructions are provided. Keep checking back each week for updates on bills to support. And get 5 of your friends to contact their representatives, too.
2) Speak out in your local media.
How: Hold rallies, write to the paper, call the radio, use social media like facebook and Twitter. Keep this alive! Repeat the basic points everywhere:
- Keep Texas smart – make education a top priority!
- Use the $9.3 Billion Texas “Rainy Day” Fund to support schools
- Sign the paperwork for $830 Million in federal aid for teachers
- Fix school funding laws to be fair to all districts and to our growing student population.
3) Ask your legislator to hold a forum on education funding in your district
How: Call your state legislator’s office to schedule a date ASAP. Find your state rep’s name and number by entering your address here.
Now… Share these steps with everyone!
Email us! Let’s start a conversation about how you can keep the momentum going and the pressure on from your area.