Spread the Word
Tell Everyone: Save Texas Schools!
Spread the word in your own area and with friends and family across Texas. Let’s make public education the top issue of this election cycle!
What you can do:
- Sign the Save Texas Schools petition and RSVP for the March 24th rally
- Email your friends and family to tell them about the Save Texas Schools rally.
— Click here for a quick and easy email to send (launches an email window).
— Click here to download a detailed sample email to send, including step-by-step instructions for your friends explaining how they can help Save Texas Schools (opens in Microsoft Word. Note: If you cannot open this document, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send the email text directly to you for easy forwarding.
- Donate! Your generous contribution will help cover the $15,000 it cost to put on this rally, along with ongoing work of Save Texas Schools.
- Post links to our site on your Facebook and Twitter pages. “Like” the Save Texas Schools Community page on Facebook, then “Suggest This Page” to all your Facebook friends.
- RSVP on the March 12 Rally page on Facebook, then “Invite” all your Facebook friends to RSVP, too.
Next… Be a Save Texas Schools Activist!
2012 Rally Materials to use in your schools and community:
- 8.5 x 11 informational flier: English Version | Spanish Version
- 8 1/2 x 11 poster: English Version | Spanish Version
- Half-page poster-flier (prints 2 to a page): Combined English-Spanish Version
- Postcard-sized poster-flier (prints 4 to a page): English Version | Spanish Version
- Order a bumper sticker or Tee at Cafepress (updated 2012 materials coming soon!): http://www.cafepress.com/SaveTxSchools.
- Have Your Own Tees or Bumper Stickers Printed (coming soon!): Save Texas Schools Tee Design | Keep Texas Smart Tee Design | Save Texas Schools Bumper Sticker Design
- Save Texas Schools logo (to put on everything – make t-shirts, stickers and more):
Tips for STS Activists:
- Print out the 8.5 x 11 info flier and post them on community bulletin boards at gyms, coffee shops and markets around town. Keeping a bunch in your car makes it easy.
- Print out the half-page info flyer or the postcard-sized flier (one side English, one side Spanish, if you can), and keep them with you as you go about your day. Hand them out to anyone you happen to talk with. Take it to dinner parties, book club meetings, birthday parties… everywhere you go between now and March 12.
- Print this petition and this formatted copy of the Save Texas Schools Pledge and take it around town with you with your fliers. Ask people to sign it. This is especially important for reaching populations that may not have their own computers at home. Then email us to learn how to turn them in.
- Print out the postcard-sized flier or the Save Texas Schools logo onto sticker sheets. Cut them out and wear them on your shirt or backpack each day. Wearing stickers like this will cause people to stop and ask you questions and will help start conversations.
- Use your car to spread the word – print out the 11 x 17 poster and post it in your back window. Or paint up your car “cheerleader” style: use white shoe polish to write the rally info & the website url on your back windshield. (Get the kind with a sponge-tip applicator. Shoe polish is water-resistant and wipes off easily.)
- Call the president of your local neighborhood and/or homeowners association. Send them a rally flier and ask them to send it to everyone on their email list.
- Tell your faith organization about the rally. Ask them to post rally fliers and send info to everyone on their email list.
- Post a video message on Facebook for your state rep. (or just a general message) on why we need to save Texas schools.
- Get a t-shirt or a bumper sticker printed with the Save Texas Schools logo (on CafePress.com)
- If you’re associated with a public school (parents, teachers, students), be an STS Rally Captain and click here for even more tips.